Are you looking for unique and creative ways to wrap your birthday or Christmas gifts? Here are some simple and fun ways to elevate your gift-wrapping skills from the usual gift wrap style. For these gift-wrapping ideas all you need is wrapping paper, scissors, single or double-sided sticky tape, ribbons, and other embellishments to your liking. We recommend watching the linked videos for a more detailed, visual demonstration of how to wrap presents in the different styles. Click here for the video playlist: How to Wrap a Present- 4 Creative Ways.
Pocket Gift Wrapping
This gift-wrapping idea allows you to create a pocket in front of your gift where you can place letters, decorations, or other items. This is a creative way to incorporate a handwritten card into your gift instead of leaving it directly outside or inside the wrapped present.
1. Place your gift on the wrapping paper.
2. Fold along the bottom of the gift.
3. Make another fold backwards based on how deep you want the front pocket to be.
4. Place your gift on top of the fold.
5. Fold the two ends in and tape together.
6. Tuck in the paper to wrap the corners then tape. Repeat on the other side.
7. Slide cards or letters into the front pocket.
8. Finish it off with some ribbon or other embellishments.
Envelope Gift Wrapping
This style of gift wrapping is best for flat, rectangular shaped gifts as it will look like your gift is wrapped in an envelope. Perfect for presents like diaries, books and purses, this is a cute gift-wrapping style to mimic the look of an envelope.
1. Place your gift in the center of the wrapping paper and fold in the two ends.
2. Fold a crease along the top edge.
3. Fold a triangle shape with one corner on the middle of the paper and one corner on the edge of the crease. Repeat on the other side.
4. Place the gift in the center, fold the bottom and top flaps in and tape.
5. Tuck in the paper on the sides so the corners are wrapped, then fold and tape
6. Repeat on the other side.
7. Add on any decorations, stickers or ribbons.
Pleated Gift Wrapping
By adding folded pleats, this is an easy way to make your gift-wrapping look more unique. By perfecting it with a bow or ribbon on top, your gift will be irresistible to open!
Make pleats across the center of the paper by making alternating folds. (Watch the video for more details)
2. Flip the paper around and tape across the folds to hold them in place.
3. Place your gift in the center, fold up one side and tape.
4. Fold the other side across and tape.
5. Fold in the side flaps and tape. Repeat on the other side.
6. Add on any decorations, ribbons or bows.
Fan Gift Wrapping (Best for Cylindrical Presents)
How do you wrap cylindrical gifts? It can be a struggle thinking of ways to neatly wrap gifts with round edges, however this idea makes sure that your gift is not just wrapped but wrapped with flair. This style of gift wrapping adds a fancy fan on top of cylindrical presents such as cups, wine bottles, and candles.
Wrap the paper around your cylindrical gift and tape.
2. Fold in the bottom flaps neatly and tape.
3. Tape along the whole length of the paper so the two edges are connected.
4. Starting from the top, make pleated folds by folding down in alternating directions.
5. Tie a bow around the middle, then tape the middle folds together.
Browse the wide range of ribbons and decorationson our Cherry Ribbon store for more ways to enhance your gift-wrapping style now! For Christmas ribbons click here.