Our New Life collection are made of recycled plastic bottles fished from the oceans in Europe. The selected material is then cleaned, cut, and a mechanical process is used to convert it into a polymer made of 100% recycled PET bottles.
Our New Life ribbons are extremely environmentally friendly:
- Tested by the Institute for Ethics and Environmental Certification (ICEA)
- Inspected and assessed according to the Global Recycled Standard
- A mechanical process is used rather than a chemical one, which could be harmful for the environment.
- Recycled polyester requires fewer processing stages, meaning less energy is used during the production stage, resulting in a reduction in carbon emissions.
- Compared to Virgin PET Fibre, the production of Newlife Ribbons have a 60% decrease in consumption of energy resources, 32% decrease in global warming potential, and a 94% saving of water consumption.